Moms have very tough last two week. So busy, busy, can’t seem to get important thing done like make post for Cinfully Simple blog and both still use bad word a lot when working on blog makeover. Say something about some man name Murphy? Who he? PK don’t know but don’t like man who make Moms crazy!
Moms also have wonderful friend Renee who pass on to rainbow bridge (not animal rainbow bridge – people rainbow bridge) and leave Moms very sad and not able to cope with real world for few days. SO it super Kitty PK to rescue! Yes. AGAIN.
Moms travel to Italy without purrfect kitty companion: PK rescue blog with D-O-G ice cream recipe. Moms sad: PK lay on lap and cuddle and while there just type and type to pass time. Moms say Princess Kota type so good PK get to post this week! Woot to Cat!
Remember PK say next time better be cat food recipe or quit? Moms hear and say ok. Plus, longer story: PK have new super nice vet name Doc Cahill who make house call. PK like house call and no have to go to stinky vet office with barking rude dog, but still no like poke with needle for blood for allergy test.
Turn out PK allergic to A LOT! Moms say almost everything including old food and snack like goat milk yogurt which was PK fav. Plus coconut oil. Boo! Getting old suck for kitty, too! PK 17 now AND pedigree princess which Doc C say is part of allergy problem. He say another thing that could insult PK, so PK plug ear and sing lalalalalalala…until doctor leave.
So cuz Doc say PK allergic, Moms change everything for PK—PK is Princess after all and work hard for blog so deserve royal treatment. Could also mean why Mom’s too busy for blog this week? Nah… Meds change and food change, but no food exist to feed PK without new word allergens so Mom CC have to figure out how to make new food for PK from things PK not allergic.
PK think…”It PK food, PK should say how to make food that PK like since PICKY is PK middle name.” Not really middle name, that cat joke. Ha Ha!
PK not allergic to chicken, potato, green bean, summer squash; so PK pick name for new food. Chicken Pot Pie! Sound better than dog food name, yes? Duh! PK is clever kitty.
Chicken Pot Pie Cat|Dog|Baby Food Process Note & Disclaimer:
- Mom say to tell that Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Cat|Dog|Baby Food recipe is also for baby. Hey! PK not baby! PK Don’t even like baby! Rude!
- Mom puree ingredients since PK have not many teeth. This why also work well for Baby!
- Mom also say to tell blog reader that Mom not veterinarian, not pediatrician. Mom make no claim this is best food for other cat/dog/baby than PK—Only guideline.
- Also Mom say that person who make food for cat/dog/baby responsible to make sure check with real vet/doctor for approve and add vitamin supplement if need.
- All food made all natural/organic.
- Mom also say PK tell Ninja Kitchen people thank you for good tool for make PK new food—Not sure why Mom want tell dressed in black night stalker with big stick thank you, but Mom sometime confuse PK.
PK paws tired from typing. Since off old meds PK alert! Stay up ALL DAY! Help Moms work and type. Help Mom’s with other thing, too. PK follow Moms around WHOLE house, make big MEOW for new food, rub on leg, not sleep much. PK have MUCH energy now, wake up at 4 AM, act like alarm clock for Moms! PK is VERY good kitty!
Ok. PK must sleep now. Here is recipe…
Chicken Pot Pie Cat|Dog|Baby Food Recipe
- 1 lb all natural/organic ground chicken or boneless mostly skinless thigh meat
- 1 c sm. organic summer squash about 1/2
- 1 c sm. organic white potato about 1/2
- 10 organic fresh green beans
- 1 T sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 c water
This recipe works best when made in a slow cooker to maintain moisture balance.
Toss all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours (or until veggies are pliable but not mush)
Stir and break up chicken at least half way through
Once cooked, transfer contents into Compact Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender (or regular blender/food processor) and puree. I use the “Blend” setting on my Ninja.
Contents will keep in fridge for 3-5 days.
Can be frozen in small containers for several months and thawed for future use.
Princess Kota likes it a few tablespoons at a time with a small amount of water added and then microwaved for about 10 seconds, stirred and served. But then again, she eats more than twice a day.
Check with your veterinarian or pediatrician for specific nutritional guidelines and portion sizes for your pet/child.
Picky PK Update
Here is teensy update from Picky PK. Mom make again with chicken thigh (boneless/skinless tho some skin still there) and PK like more than with ground. Both good but PK want whole bowl with whole chicken thigh. What can PK say? Being princess hard work!