Truth or Dare? Truth: I’ve NEVER in my life made mousse before. Dare: Make it in a blender!
Hmmm…Does anyone else think it’s ironic that January is usually the month of new years resolutions many of them weight loss pledges; and then WHAM the very next month is all about Valentine’s Day, chocolate and desserts? What gives? I think the Calendar Gods are working the Ying Yang angle on that one. I posted some healthy recipes last month for the health conscious and this month we’re posting Valentine’s recipes, including this Low Sugar Strawberry Mousse for the LOVE conscious!
BUT FIRST, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FABULOUS MOM!
Speaking of the calendar and love, TODAY IS MY AWESOME SAUCE MOM’s BIRTHDAY! She’s an amazing woman whom I admire so much! She’s been there for every major (and minor) event in my life and has always been a pillar of strength, love and support. She’s one of my biggest fans and cheerleaders. She’s the best Mom a girl could ask for. Would you do me a teensy little Valentine’s Day favor and leave her a “Happy Birthday” message in the comments section? Thanks!
This post is rounding out the #ValentinesDay Roundup! So between Shopping for your Valentine with my Top 11 Gift Ideas for Foodies and sweetening up your sweet with this dessert and yesterdays Red Velvet Tiny Cakes, you should be on your way to making this Valentine’s Day the best ever! Bring it on CUPID!
Low Sugar Strawberry Mousse with Ice Cream Popsicle Variations
By now, you all know my propensity for laziness in the kitchen! I mean it’s Valentine’s Week and this is that time of year when food bloggers thrive so I’ve gotta keep up! Which is exactly why I’ve made this Low Sugar Strawberry Mousse in a blender, where it was fast and easy! ANYONE CAN DO THIS!
This is a great, SIMPLE and fast little Valentine’s Day Dessert for you to whip up for your Valentine.
Now, don’t think that because this recipe is low shug that it isn’t still JUST as delish and decadent as the real thing! Anything made with heavy cream CANNOT be bad! I mean really! And no matter how much I like to trim off the excesses when I can, you just can’t make mousse without the heavy cream.
So instead, I trimmed off the sugar for this Low Sugar Strawberry Mousse recipe by sweetening it with frozen strawberries. That way even the diabetic valentine’s can ENJOY IT!
This Low Sugar Strawberry Mousse recipe makes plenty so you could find very romantic and creative ways to use the extra—It’s #ValentinesDay after all, and I always say you should #EatDessertFirst!
Plus BONUS! You can turn it into I-scream-you-scream-we-all-scream-for-ICE CREAM OR POPSICLES! WOOT WOOT! Gotta a love an EASY PEASY Recipe with variations. I love options! Yum!
- 1 quart of heavy cream, very cold
- 10 oz., 1 pkg. frozen strawberries, keep frozen
- 1 tsp. light agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla (I use Mexican vanilla for a richer flavor)
- Pour heavy cream in your blender and blend/whip on medium to high until it stiffens into peaks, about 5 minutes or more. Make sure it’s nice and thick before adding the strawberries because they will thin it out.
- Once your cream is to desired thickness, add ½ the strawberries and keep blending. Now add the other half and blend some more.
- Add vanilla and agave, blend again.
- Transfer your mousse to a serving bowl (metal gets colder if you have it) and place it in the fridge for a few hours.
- The mouse will get a little thicker upon cooling.
- Serve cold for maximum thickness and don’t freak out if it isn’t super duper thick, we’ve adapted this from the full-on guilty pleasure recipe so your consistency may not be AS thick, but it’s still yummy!
I also froze some of this and it made really good ice cream! It gets a little icy in the freezer so freeze and then take out of freezer about 10 minutes before you want to eat it so it softens a little. YUM!
This is perfect popsicle pudding! Put it in popsicle molds, freeze and enjoy!
Save 50% Off Wild For You Sweets Tower for only $19.99 (reg. $39.99) at 1800Baskets.com! (Offer valid while supplies last)!
Valentine’s Day Watch Gift Boxed Sets, 40% Off Select Styles at macys.com!
50% Off ‘s Day Sexy Sleepwear at Macys.com!